On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> There is only one reality because I define reality as all that exists.

That's fine and I agree with it, but I asked how you know there is only one
physical universe.

> It is conceivable there is more than one physical universe in that reality
> but until you give me some evidence of it I'm not going to waste my time
> thinking about it.

Fine tuning, eternal inflation, no collapse theories, string theory,
arithmetical realism, to name a few.

Also, I could throw the same argument back at you: until you give me some
evidence this is the only possible universe that can exist, why should I
waste my time with the conclusions you draw from that?

As I've pointed out most of the reasons cosmologists assume their must be
> multiverses or MWs turn out not to be reasons after all.
>
> Whether you buy my arguments on that is up to you..

What are your arguments? All I see is "I see no evidence for X so I won't
waste my time with X and instead will decide to believe X is false".  This
is not an argument, and absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Moreover, there is substantial evidence for many of the above theories I
mentioned, all of which have "multiple universes" as a consequence.

Jason