2014-01-24 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>

> You are a bit non serious here. I have never concluded anything of that
> kind from computationalism.
>
> Marijuana is good because it is a better medication than the most common
> one for at least 2000 diseases, according to experts in the field, but this
> has nothing to do with comp.
>
> Then I allude sometimes about salvia divinorum, for which your remark
> makes much more sense (but still not as a consequence of comp). It is
> normal that altering consciousness products or methods can provide
> information on consciousness.

So inplicitly you  are agreeing with what I told. You would never accept it
however.

 But don´t worry.  That is not bad. It is simply human. To use the desired
conclussion as an starting axiom is natural. I do not talk about your
professional work or your conscious thinking, in which you are correct, but
about the influence of you hipothesis  in the spontaneous thinking about
what is true in apparently unrelated questions where the conscious does not
fire the "caution, it is only an hipothesis!" warning.

Most of the thinking is unconscious. That´s why we wake-up with a solution
for a problem after sleeping. That is an example of how  the individual
good (desired outcomes at least) establish what is true.