On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 12:36 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 4:29 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>>
>>  >>>> Although it doesn't necessarily follow the digital transformation

>> You're going to have to more than just type 3 letters to convince me!
>>
>>  > You agreed also that consciousness is not localized
>>>

>> Yes I agree, in fact it was me not you who first mentioned it.
>>
>> > but you talk like if the object on your desk are localized.
>>>

>> Are you claiming that a computer can emulate a intelligent conscious
>> being but can't emulate a desk?  If my consciousness is caused by a
>> computer processing information then the world that consciousness interacts
>> with is also cause by information. And information like consciousness has
>> no unique position.
>>
>> > If your consciousness is not localized, and perhaps supported by many
>>> other computations (in a physical universe or in arithmetic) you need to
>>> explain why the object of your desk appear to be made of local matter
>>>

>> Because the desk subprogram was written to appear that way to the John
>> Clark subprogram; the desk could appear however the master programer (or
>> evolution) wished it to appear, he could even ignore the laws of physics if
>> he wished and use Aristotelian physics, or road runner cartoon physics.

>>  I promise to give your ideas all the seriousness they deserve.
>>

>> > it means that you have judged from rumors and not personal study.
>>>

>> You and I have never met so the only thing I have to judge you by is by
>> studying the ASCII sequence you have produced.  And I have never heard any
>> rumors about you but now you've got me curious, what are they?
>>
>> > You are an obscurantist religious bigot
>>>

>> Wow, calling a guy known for disliking religion religious, never heard
>> that one before, at least I never heard it before I was 12.
>>
>> > and parrot
>>>

>> Stop using the exact same ridiculous insult and I'll stop using the exact
>> same rubber stamp reply.
>>

>  Do you troll as a hobby or professionally?

John a pro at trolling?

He always changes his mind when it comes to tactics (victim of insults,
heroic and formidable foe of the diseases of philosophy, theology, acronyms
and abbreviations, atheist on a ledge, professor of philosophy, insult
dispenser), which is much too erratic and transparent for pros.

That's amateur entry club level at best, despite his intelligence, and thus
his posts prove beyond any doubt and absolutely: if god exists => god has a
sense of humor. Closed for diagonalization. PGC