On 16 Mar 2014, at 22:26, LizR wrote:

On 17 March 2014 05:31, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
On 3/16/2014 12:34 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

That's correct, but we assume usually "classical" quantum mechanics. Then, even if GR digitalizes the access to futures, it seems to me that QM will still provide the rooms for immortality (not necessarily a good news). Then, in such reasoning, QM uses comp, and comp by itself leads to many forms of immortalities, if I can say.

But does comp lead to immortality from *every* state? Are there no cul-de-sac worlds?

If so, is this like saying that the infinite sheaf of computations supporting a given observer moment can't all halt simultaneously?

In my answer top Brent, I was alluding to the simple fact that no diary can contain the statement "I am dead". To die, in some absolute sense, does not belong to the possible first person experience.

But, with comp, the infinities of histories cannot halt "simultaneously". That does not really make sense, as the time is an internal construct in each coherent histories. Then it is hard to imagine why they should all halt, and what does that mean, given that they all differentiate "all the time". If the time of death of someone is the same in all possible realities, that would be a new and curious law of physics. F=kmM/r^2 & Mister X dies at 42. :)