From: meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Dec 13, 2014 2:01 am
Subject: Re: real A.I.

On 12/12/2014 9:35 PM, John Clark      wrote:

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>        wrote:

>                Nobody bothered to explain that it might have been
>    volcanoes or asteroid strikes as well as oribtal                variations
> and they did that because it's completely                irrelevant to
> current global warming.  We know that CO2                has increased from
> 300ppm to 450ppm and that we put                about twice that amount into
> the atmosphere.

But nobody has a solution for excess CO2 that won't              kill far far
more people than climate warming ever will,              or at least
environmentalists don't.

    Donald McKay, withouthotair.com, has spelled out exactly what it    will
take and it doesn't kill anybody and it doesn't cost anymore    than a small
war.  In fact everybody knows what the solutions are,    it doesn't take some
future discovery.  It just takes the will to    demote fossil fuel to few
specialized applications.

Environmentalists don't have solutions for anything              because
environmentalists are silly irrational people who              mix ridiculous
pessimism (global warming will kill us all)              with ridiculous
optimism (windmills will save us all) and              who believe it's a
virtue to think with your gut and not              with your brain.

    And deniers are luddite morons who think we can fix global warming    on
short notice when it gets a lot worse but we can't screw it up in    the
meantime.

 > So how the                Earth warmed or cooled in the distant past is just
 > your                attempt at diversion.

It's a diversion from the fantasy that the Earth's              climate has
always been the same and there is one true              temperature that
everything should be at.

    Which is another bullshit attempt at diversion.  It's completely
irrelevant to whether a 4degC global temperature increase over 50yrs    will
cause extensive suffering, death and economic damage.  And note    that 4degC
increase is the projected worldwide average increase as    of 2100.  The oceans
tend to lag, so that corresponds to a 5 or    6degC increase over the
continents.  And it doesn't mean the    temperature increase goes to +4degC and
then stops.  Under your    do-nothing scenario it will still be rapidly
increasing as it    crosses through +4degC in 2100.