>> ​
>> ​>
>> ​>>​
>> ​
>> Data feels something in a way?​
>>

> ​
> ​> ​
> Yes.​
>

> Ah, now I see what you mean. Proof by repetitive assertion.

​I'm glad you see what I mean, but unfortunately I don't see what you mean.
​You asked questions and I answered them without equivocation to the best
of my ability.

> ​>
>> ​>>​
>> ​
>> When 'it' is being processed?
>>

> ​>> ​
> Yes, but I don't understand why that pronoun is hiding inside quotation
> marks, the referent is clear. ​
>

> ​> ​
> It can't be clear unless you can distinguish data from the particular
> physical relations

​I point to a tree and then point to the word "tree" written in ​ink on
paper, and it you are watching this and you are a intelligent person or
computer you get the idea that one is a symbol for the other.

> ​> ​
> there simply is no canonical way of achieving this without the implicit
> assumption of a privileged interpretation from outside the system in
> question.

​Well yes, but we can go outside the system and so can a computer, we do
have access to information that is not innate to our brain, that's what our
senses are for. If you were as ignorant of the outside world as you were on
the day you were born you wouldn't know anything except pleasure and pain.

> ​>> ​
> Processed by matter that obeys the laws of physics obviously.​
>

> ​> ​
> And how then is that supposed to produce a distinguishable outcome from
> the straightforward transition from one physical state to another?

​That not hard to produce because not all physical transformations are
identical just as not all ideas are identical; so they can match up. When
the electrical contacts under the "7" and the "+" and the "2" key closes a
current forms that lights up a LED next to the "9" symbol, but when the 3,
+.and 5 key is depressed a different physical current forms and a different
light goes on, this time next to a 8; and we note that when we add 7+ 2 and
3+ 5 in our head we also get 9 and 8, and being intelligent creatures we
recognize the connection between what going on in our head and what's going
on in the computer. And it works both ways, if the computer is smart enough
it will recognize that what's going on in it's microprocessor can be mapped
with  what's going on in your brain.       ​
 ​

> ​> ​
> The implication of the terms you use IMO rather too loosely
> ​
> above

​I ask again, which word didn't you understand?​

​John K Clark​