> Il 3 agosto 2018 alle 0.56 Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au> ha
> scritto:
>
>     From: Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net mailto:meeke...@verizon.net >
>
>         > >         On 8/2/2018 1:53 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> >

> >             > > >
> > >                 > > > >                 On 1 Aug 2018, at 21:12, Brent

> > >             It does. Well, it does not if you assume only one Bob and
> > > Alice, but the whole point is that it does if you take into account all
> > > Alices and Bobs in the multiverse.
> > >
> > >         > >         Maybe you are not explaining your theory explicitly.
> > > Aren't you assuming that there is a multiverse (essentially infinite) of
> > > Alices and Bobs before this experiment; not just the few cases that arise
> > > from the different experimental results.  In this plethora of universes
> > > there are many Alices measuring along 0deg and many Bobs measuring along
> > > 27.5deg.  That's how you get statistics...from this ensemble.
> >
> >     >     Something like that may be what is in Bruno's mind. But that
> > clearly doesn't work either, because then we would have infinite numbers of
> > unmatched Alice's and Bob's, and a major problem with non-local influences
> > between disjoint universes in order to match any pair up. I think one can
> > rule any such idea out very much more simply by just following the
> > particles from a single entangled state to the respective experimenters.
> > The statistics must work for such single-world pairs, so the invocation of
> > infinite numbers of this or that is not actually going to help.
>
>     Bruce

LEV VAIDMAN, 'Teleportation: Dream or Reality?'

'Consider teleportation, say in the BBCJPW scheme. We perform some action in one

place and the state is immediately teleported, up a local transformation
(“rotation”), to

an arbitrary distant location. But relativity theory teaches us that anything
which is

physically significant cannot move faster than light. Thus it seems that it is
the classical

information (which cannot be transmitted with superluminal velocity) about the
kind of

back “rotation” to be performed for completing the teleportation which is the
only essential

part of the quantum state. However, the amount of the required classical
information

is very small. Is the essence of a state of a spin-1/2 particle just 2 bits?

I tend to attach a lot of physical meaning to a quantum state. For me, a
proponent of

the MWI, everything is a quantum state. But I also believe in relativistic
invariance, so

only entities which cannot move faster than light have physical reality. Thus,
teleportation

poses a serious problem to my attitude. I was ready to admit that “I” am just a
quantum

state of N ∼ 1030 particles. This is still a very rich structure: a complex
function on RN.

But now I am forced to believe that “I” am just a point in the R2N ?!

The resolution which I found for myself is as follows: In the framework of the
MWI, the

teleportation procedure does not move the quantum state: the state was, in some
sense,

in the remote location from the beginning. The correlated pair, which is the
necessary

item for teleportation, incorporates all possible quantum states of the remote
particle,

and, in particular, the state which has to be teleported. The local measurement
of the

teleportation procedure splits the world in such a manner that in each of the
worlds the

state of the remote particle differs form the state  by some known
transformation. The

number of such worlds is relatively small. This explains why the information
which has

to be transmitted for teleportation of a quantum state—the information which
world we

need to split into, i.e., what transformation has to be applied—is much smaller
than the

information which is needed for the creation of such a state. For example, for
the case

of a spin-1/2 particle there are only 4 different worlds, so in order to
teleport the state

we have to transmit just 2 bits.'

[...]

11

need to split into, i.e., what transformation has to be applied—is much smaller
than the

information which is needed for the creation of such a state. For example, for
the case

of a spin-1/2 particle there are only 4 different worlds, so in order to
teleport the state

we have to transmit just 2 bits. As for teleporting myself, the number of
worlds is the

number of distinguishable (using measuring devices and our senses) values of xi
and pi

for all continues degrees of freedom of my body