Brent . . . it might be helpful to equate the word ‘consciousness’ and
‘awareness.’ If we are conscious or aware of something . . . then it
pertains to our viewpoint and lifestyle. Memory is a secondary feature to
allow the individual to retain over time . . . otherwise we would have to
learn the same thing over and over and over again . . . which we still
somewhat do anyway. Observe someone’s interests, passions, habits, etc . .
. and one can get a very good idea of their general level or state of
consciousness. It is consciousness where we all differ . . . one from the
other. We might all be the same . . . we might all be One . . . but
individual consciousness differentiates each of us from the other . . . no
matter how great or minute the differences are.