From: Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 28, 2019 12:15 am
Subject: Re: Quantum Foam

On 28-Aug-2019, at 9:01 AM, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 5:55:36 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

I came across a good article that is apposite to the discussion in this thread.
Arnold Neumaier has an article on virtual particles at:
https://www.physicsforums.com/ insights/vacuum-fluctuation- myth/

where he looks at the origin of much of the common mythology surrounding the
idea of vacuum fluctuations and virtual particles. People should read this and
take the lessons to heart -- all of this mythology arose from well-meaning, but
ultimately mis-guided, attempts to explain the mysteries of quantum mechanics
to lay people. The result was enduring confusion, that now affects even
professional physicists.
Bruce

Very interesting fellow. Interesting article. I was intrigued reading the link
there to his biography of himself being math to applied math ending up in
computing and dabbling in physics. Sounded like me!
Then
Two years after my Ph.D., my formerly atheistic world view changed and I became
a Christian. I got convinced that there is a very powerful God who created the
Universe, who controls what appears to us as chance, and who is interested in
each of us individually. I understood (with Galilei, and later Newton and
Maxwell) that God had written the book of nature in the language of
mathematics. As a result of these insights, one of my life goals became to
understand all the important applications of mathematics in other fields of
science, engineering, and ordinary life. It is a challenge that keeps me
learning all my life.

https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/interview-mathematician-physicist-arnold-neumaier/

@philipthrift

I pray may Allah bless you with faith. He has already blessed you with much
knowledge and understanding. May He choose you to serve Him with reverence.
Samiya

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/12e6f2d4-d437-41c6-8cfb-2aa6887a7de3%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/2088B473-5B71-4322-91E5-AC23E748E8B6%40gmail.com.