After reading Walter Isaacson's book my opinion of Elon Musk is conflicted.
Musk is brilliant, incredibly hard-working, not afraid to take a risk and
is willing to backtrack and admit it when he's wrong. Musk is impulsive,
most of his impulses turned out to be correct but not all, he says that
many of his tweets were stupid and he wished he had never sent them. Musk
is not evil like Donald Trump or Ron DeSantis but he is a jerk and I'd
rather eat ground glass than work for him. Musk cares enormously for the
well-being of the human race in the abstract but he doesn't care much about
individual human beings, he has Asperger's Syndrome and says that his
brain's neural net is not wired up for empathy.  Nevertheless if Elon Musk
had never been born then Tesla, SpaceX, NeuroLink, The Boring Company and
XAI would not exist and the world would've been a less interesting place.
My opinion of him, positive or negative, would not interest Musk one bit,
he's not interested in anybody's opinion of him, but for whatever it's
worth I can't help but admire the guy. But I don't like him.

mio