Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman had this to say in today's New York Times,
and I think he's absolutely correct:

*"Why do MAGA politicians want to cut Ukraine off? The answer
is,unfortunately, obvious. Whatever Republican hard-liners may say, they
want Putin to win. They view the Putin regime’s cruelty and repression as
admirable features that America should emulate. They support a wannabe
dictator at home and are sympathetic to actual dictators abroad."*

However I think there is an additional reason the MAGA people oppose
military aid to Ukraine, Joe Biden is in favor of military aid to Ukraine.

om0