Point of order. Astronomers and Physicists don't even agree, anymore on the
essential facts. Age of the Cosmos, for example. For me, I'll go with the
quasi-mystical conclusion that we inhabit a Neural Net, aka, The Universe is
Autodidactic. Feel free to make it all dead empty, or, filled with Saucer men.
Yes we can be happy with a majority conclusion. Unless, its based on improved
equipment, it all starts smelling like a religion JC, but it now has the aroma
of snippets of several faith. Meh!
    On Saturday, March 23, 2024 at 02:42:38 PM EDT, John Clark
<johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

 On Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 7:09 AM Giulio Prisco <giu...@gmail.com> wrote:

><...billions of stars are radiating all their energy uselessly into nfinite
>space....>

> "Billions do, but perhaps millions (or thousands) don't."

I could explain the existence of no Dyson spheres in the Milky Way, and I could
explain the existence of many billions, but I could not explain the existence
of just a few thousand; the idea that we just happen to exist during the tiny
sliver of time in which that would be the case seems too improbable to
consider.

> They are talking of Tabby's star...

I think dust could explain the Tabby star observations much better and
certainly more simply than ET can. It's mind boggling to suppose that we are
alone in the universe, and it's mind boggling to suppose that we are not, but
one of those things must be true, and I think one of them is significantly more
likely than the other.

> "They could extract energy from the quantum vacuum (zero point field
and all that). Perhaps their astroengineering consists of giant
utility fogs that fill entire stellar systems and condensate to do
things where and when needed. Perhaps they have left matter as we know
behind and live as blobs of thinking quantum fields"

And perhaps a simpler explanation is that ET does not exist because we are the
first, after all the observable universe is finite in both space and time so
somebody's got to be first.
See what's on my new list at  Extropolis

hwk

<...the galaxy WILL be engineered in the near future, by that I mean
in less than 50 million years.>

I think so, too!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3uPCNhx8d10jxyBU-g%3DRB1t1Yq08wih2Ga-B_j1u0eHA%40mail.gmail.com.