These are the books that I find interesting for our bibliography:

The Meme Machine by Susan Blackmore. Especially interesting for my field as
it is the first book that makes a considerable attempt to expand and broaden
the idea and theory of memetics beyond the point where Dawkins had brought
it after first "creating" the concept in 1976. (isbn: 019286212X)

The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. I have always found it
interesting how many people claim to be able to go without a decent
style-guide. I have both used this MLA handbook and the St Martin's Guide to
Writing and have found to benefit from the use of these books. As some our
researchers are not mothertonguespeakers of English and as most of our mails
are written in English it will be a useful asset to have some of these books
(as well as a good thesaurus) in the ECCO collection.

I would also recommend the books by Richard Dawkins which can be found in
Francis' bibliography, more specifically the Selfish Gene (chapter 11 iirc
is devoted to and the actual place of birth of 'memes').

Most of the books I have in my collection are dealing with memetics and
evolution, some with cognition and I have a wide selection of
sociolinguistic books as well as grammars.

Books from Cambridge uni:

15.99£ http://titles.cambridge.org/catalogue.asp?isbn=0521606276 The Selfish
Meme - obviously one for my field; "to be published"

It would probably be a good idea to include some books about cognition and
evolution but I think those are already available. I have some other books
on memetics in my personal library here as well but I foresee that they will
move to the CLEA library or to my office there pretty soon.

K.