From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Saturday, October 23, 2004, 11:52:30 AM
Subject: Call for Papers

Dear Dr. Gershenson,

We have learned of your published research on cognitive psychology.  Nova
Science Publishers, Inc. currently publishes about 500 new titles each
year. We would like to invite your participation in our publishing program.
In particular, I have in mind a new article for an edited collection
(invitation only) being assembled under my direction tentatively entitled,
"Trends in Cognitive Psychology Research." The contributions for this
edited book and a follow-up volume are intended to range from 5,000-25,000
words. If you are interested in participating, please consult the Notes for
Contributors at the bottom of this letter.  Publication is about 6-9 months
after the close of the volume. We would welcome the opportunity of working
with you.

We would also welcome your participation by serving as the editor of a
collected work or by proposing a monograph, a textbook (targeted adoption)
or a new online or paper journal idea. In any case, we request as much
detail as may exist on the proposed contents even if that is a brief
description of the scope.

I look forward to learning your thoughts on this idea.

Sincerely yours,
Frank Columbus
President and Editor-in-Chief

Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel: 631- 231-7269
Fax: 631-231-8175
Email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.novapublishers.com

Notes for Contributors to Edited Collections

The deadline is March 31, 2005 for this volume with a follow-up volume (a
completely separate publication) planned with a deadline of October 31, 2005.

1. Contributors' names are listed on the cover of the book, which will be
hardcover.
2. There are no page charges.
3. A free copy of the published book is sent to each contributor.
4. The scientific community is the intended audience.
5. The choice of theme and approach are at the discretion of the author but
acceptance is only upon submission of the draft abstract. The line-up of
chapters is a constantly changing landscape since discussions, commitments
and submissions continue on a daily basis right up to and sometimes beyond
the close of each volume.
6. Research results (studies) are the primary type of article desired but
review articles are also welcome.
7. Before December 5, 2004, a draft abstract on the following form is
required consisting of: 1. 150-400 words; 2. Author affiliations; and 3.
Estimated date of chapter submission and Copyright Transfer. Please include
the abstract as part of an email and not as an attachment if possible.
Acceptance of topics is based partially on which topics have already been
accepted for particular volumes. The reply to the draft abstract will
contain details about reference styles and other relevant technical
details. A reply and decision may be expected within 7 days if the word
Abstract is contained within the Subject Line of the email.
Draft Abstract and Copyright Transfer Form

NOVA grants to the author (and to all coauthors) the right to present
orally, in any forum, all or part of the work. It is also stipulated that
all graphics including figures, tables and charts may be republished
without permission from Nova Science.
In consideration of the fact that NOVA undertakes to publish my
article/chapter:
1. I affirm that the material in the work has not been previously published
and that I (and my coauthors) own and have not transferred elsewhere any
rights to the abstract or the work). 2. I affirm that I (and my coauthors)
have obtained written permission to use any previously copyrighted material
included in the article and that such documentation will be forwarded to
NOVA for its files. I further affirm that I (and my coauthors) have stated
any possible conflicts of interest within the article. 3. I (and my
coauthors) hereby assign and transfer to NOVA all rights of copyright
ownership to the article, including without limitation all rights of
reproduction, derivation, distribution, sale, and display of the work, in
whole or in part, including recompilation, in any and all forms of media
now or hereafter known, including digital media, as protected by the laws
of the United States and foreign countries. These rights will become the
property of NOVA from the date of acceptance of the article for publication
and extend for the life of the copyright. I understand that NOVA as
copyright owner, has authority to grant permission to reproduce the article.

Publication: ________________________________________________________________
Chapter/article title:

I sign for (type name, and date) and accept responsibility for transferring
copyright of this article to NOVA.

Name:
Date:
Authors names and Affiliations:

Estimated Date of Submission:
Draft Abstract (150-500 words):

8. Contributors are encouraged to submit chapters ranging from 5,000-25,000
words. In general, the longer the paper the better. Submissions of less
than 5,000 words (references are included in the word count) will be
returned. In the event of Latex or similar program use, or when a chapter
contains numerous tabular data, graphics, or mathematical formula, a page
range of 10-50 pages is acceptable.
9. Coauthors may be added without discussion.
10. Publication is by invitation only.
11. Copyright is transferred to Nova via email. A form will be sent via
email at along with the electronic page proofs. No permission will be
required for reuse of tabular or graphic data.
12. Ten free offprints are sent to the first listed author of each chapter.
Additional personalized chapter offprints are available.
13. MS Word or Latex are the preferred input programs. If Latex, Nova
requests use of the Nova macro. This is ARTICLE.STY set at 5.5 inches
(13.97 cm) and letter size (not A4 paper). Please try to use outside
justified page headers. If you would like to add any packages to this macro
beyond those already specified, it is mandatory that the corresponding .sty
files be submitted with the chapter.  Nova currently uses the Windows
Operating System.
14. Nova will review the English for style, if such a request is clearly
marked at the beginning of the article.
15. Color graphics are allowed.

[...]

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[...]

Name:                                                                                    Date: