Title: Workshop on Knowledge Management, Thursday
Sorry that this may get confusing with the different DISC-related activities on Thursday and Friday (of which the Thu lunch meeting has just been cancelled), but here is another interesting VUB-ULB activity next Thursday on a related subject.

Mixel will be there, I hope to participate, and perhaps some other ECCO people may join...

Francis

Information Technologies and Knowledge Management
One-day workshop
VUB - ULB

Topic
Several research teams at ULB and VUB are working on different aspects of information
technologies and knowledge management. All these aspects may be complementary and
could fit in a broader theme : how to find, treat and share information ? Aside from
technical concerns, these issues can be approached from different points of view. Fields
like sociology, communication science, psychology, management, philosophy, pedagogy
and law study related topics. Due to the complexity of the subject, interdisciplinary
dialogue is necessary to create adequate systems. Therefore, this workshop will deal with
technological and conceptual approaches regarding information technologies and
knowledge management. As we feel research environments at universities need
continuing efforts to improve the way their core product - knowledge - is managed, this
could also be a subject of discussion.

Practicalities
Thursday 16/12/04
Room B037, VUB
Latop and beamer will be available
Schedule
10:00-13:00 : presentation of research projects
14:00-16:00 : group discussions

Detail
In the morning, the participants or group of participants dispose of up to 15 minutes to
address their interest in the subject matter through a presentation of relevant research
projects, followed by 5 minutes of discussion. During the afternoon, we'll have discussions
on the topics that dominated the morning presentations.
--

Francis Heylighen
Evolution, Complexity and Cognition group