Hi all,

I was yesterday at the FET Info day of the proactive initiative
"Simulating Emergent Properties in Complex Systems"
http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fet/co.htm

I met some people, but the project perspectives are rather vague...

It seems that everyone there (including me) was looking for someone who would be
willing to do the administration of a project... Well, people who have
already projects underway didn't go to the Info Day... Because
of this, I will send Ralph Dum a brief summary of what we could
contribute, and he would forward it to these consortia that are
already formed.

Other opportunities I learned about:
I met Licia Calvi, from the Centrum voor Usability Onderzook at KUL,
and she told me that another funding opportunity is from:
http://www.ibbt.be
deadlines of submission in October. It was originally for Broadband
technology, but it has now (national) projects of many
Internet-related stuff.

The site http://www.ideal-ist.net/ helps to find suitable EU project
partners (although in FP7 there will be the possiblity of submitting
projects without partners... but that's in 2007)

At http://www.ipr-helpdesk.org/index.htm they give free legal advice
on EU-project-related stuff, and have interesting news of
opportunities...

Best regards,

    Carlos Gershenson...
    Centrum Leo Apostel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
    Krijgskundestraat 33. B-1160 Brussels, Belgium
    http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~cgershen/

  “Knowledge brings more questions than answers”