On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 15:18 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Here's my situation (and I am sure I'm not the only one):
>
> I have a calendar server at my job, which I configured evo to use.  I
> can enter events and see the calendar just fine.
>
> I also have my "personal" calendar here locally.  No server, just the
> local evolution supported calendar.
>
> It's perfectly feasible that I could have other calendars via calendar
> servers too, but for now lets just keep it simple with one calendar
> server for work and a personal calendar for home.
>
> So, now let's say I have a doctor's appointment during what would
> normally be a work day.  I enter that into my personal calendar with all
> of the details.
>
> Really, though I also want the work calendar to reflect that as "busy"
> time so that people don't see that time as available and book me into a
> meeting during it.
>
> I also don't really want the details of my doctor's appointment on the
> work calendar, so using that calendar for my personal appointments is
> not an option either.
>
> What solutions exist other than to manually double book my personal time
> away from work into both calendars?
>
> Thanx,
> b.

        Hi,
I'm not sure whether I can help here, I just want to suggest one thing:
even Evolution supports Publishing of calendars, or also Free/Busy
servers, (Edit->Preferences->Calendar and Tasks), then what about using
company calendar but setting a 'private' flag for the appointment? It
depends on your company calendar, if it supports it and treats it
properly, but it would be easier than the other things, I guess.
You can find it in editing dialog of the appointment under menu
Options->Classifications.
        Bye,
        Milan

(Note: I do not know much about free/busy servers or how to use
published calendars, so do not ask me.)