On Tue, 2022-08-16 at 23:45 +0200, Jaroslaw Rafa via evolution-list
wrote:
> Dnia 16.08.2022 o godz. 22:37:23 Patrick O'Callaghan pisze:
> > And the free version of Gmail has by far the best spam filtering
> > I've
> > come across. In fact I don't even bother with Bogofilter or
> > Spamassassin any more.
>
> Well, it's "too good". All mails from my address usually go to spam
> at
> Gmail, no matter what I try. I also manage some organization's mail
> account
> that is hosted on Gmail (free) and it happens regularly on that
> account that
> mails with questions from people who want to get involved with the
> organization land in spam folder. They even often are mails from
> other Gmail
> addresses!
>
> I am sick of Gmail because of this.

Spam filtering is under the control of the receiver. It's trivial to
tell Gmail that a message is not spam, and it will learn that for
future reference. You might also look at *why* your mail is being
classified as spam. Could it be that some people have marked it as
such?

The number of false positives I've had is so small that I actually
never bother to check my spam folder any more as there's no point.

poc