On Mon, 2022-10-24 at 08:25 +0000, Werner LEMBERG via evolution-list
wrote:

> > a lot of the Evolution mailing list members, including myself,
> > tested the mailing list ability of Discourse. I was not allowed to
> > start a new thread by email, because my gamification level was 0.
> > You are allowed to start a new thread by email, after you reached
> > level 1.  This is not the only annoyance. Discourse GNOME has got
> > no
> > real mailing list ability.
>
> Given that mc is a GNU project, why not using the most natural site,
> `gnu.org`, for a mailing list?  An additional bonus is that the
> gnu.org mailing list archives come with a nice – and working! –
> search
> interface.

I don't see anything on the front page about mailing lists. Can you be
more specific?

(I would hope that hosting the list on gnu.org wouldn't subject us to
harangues about specific distros or other software not being properly
free.)

poc