On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 20:24 +0100, Alistair Sutton wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 13:55, Donald D Henson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 01:02, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
> > > While receiving POP mail, cancelling and restarting the receive thread
> > > re-downloads the POP mail already received? What to do if I can only afford
> > > to download the first 100 mails and leave the other 200 for later?
> > >
> > > Or should I use a different mailer.
> >
> > I don't understand the problem. You are going to eventually have to pay
> > to download all 300 e-mails so what difference does it make if you
> > download them now or later?
>
> He might not have time to download them all in one go?
>
> I think he wants to know why clicking cancel won't delete the messages
> he has already got from the server and leave the rest to be collected
> later.

Probably because Evolution is interpreting "Cancel" as "stop all
communication with the server".

A better question might be: Why isn't Evolution updating its local "last
message seen on that server" setting when a user cancels?

There may be a good answer for that, too (i.e. it's safer to download
duplicates than to risk not downloading the messages at all, later).

Eric

--
This message was created in a Microsoft-free computing environment.