Hi

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 09:41 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> It uses Your Gnome settings...

Which Gnome settings exactly?

I usually run fluxbox but I logged into Gnome now to test this.

In Nautilus 2.8.2 selecting a .doc, .xls or .rtf file allows me to open
it in OpenOffice so apparently the MIME settings are correct. However in
evolution I only get the "save as" option for the very same documents!

A .ppt  and a .PPS file I received a while ago does show the option
"open in OpenOffice.org Impress". And more strangely a .xls file I
received a long time ago does show the option "Open in OpenOffice.org
Calc".

I find this behaviour very strange but perhaps anybody here can give me
an explanation (and possibly a way to fix this?)...

TIA

Bram

> mån 2005-01-31 klockan 17:08 +1100 skrev david grant:
> > I am running Evo 2.0.2 and FC3 and wonder if there is a way to specify
> > a choice of file associations in the dropdown list for file
> > attachments.
> > I know that Gnome 2.8 provides file associations thru Nautilus and
> > have specified that .doc and .xls files are to be associated with
> > wine. The funny thing is that on receiving a .xls attachment, the Evo
> > drop down list has wine as an alternative to gnumeric but .doc files
> > only show OpenOffice.
> > I have looked thru the mailing list but see no mention of my problem
> > and wonder if I am the only person having this problem.

# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Linux User #349737 #
# debian testing            kernel 2.6.8-1-686     i686     512MB RAM #
#         11:12:07 up 15:25,  1 user,  load average: 0.27, 0.44, 0.39 #