On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 08:29 -0400, Steve Listopad wrote:
> All,
>
> Have qmail running on a linux box.  Have Evolution running on same
> box, as my mail client.
>
> Previously, I used POP, with the behavior that I could remove the mail
> from the Maildir and store it in local (i.e. Evolution-style)
> directories.
>
> I recently switched to mail delivery via the Maildir format (thinking
> why use POP from the same machine that the mail server's running on).
> But, the mail stays stored in the Maildir.  I suppose this is expected
> behavior.
>
> Is there a way to use Maildir delivery with Evolution, and have it
> behave like POP in that you can pull the mail from the "server" into
> "local" directories, and delete the mail on the server?

Yes, but you need an aggravating work-around.

If qmail drops each mail into ~/Maildir, then you should think
about installing Courier IMAP, and then having Evo access mail
via IMAP.  Works great for me, and is MUA-independent, so if Evo
ever gets cantankerous, you can still read your email.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
Bill Clinton