On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 15:14, guenther wrote:
> cheers();
>
> > Great idea, but according to the Kmail handbook (Kmail does have
> > filtering on the server), you still have to download the headers in
> > order for the filters to work. So any message that you keep for download
> > is effectively downloaded twice - first to get the headers for the
> > filter, and then to get the message for your inbox.
>
> Nope, the message isn't downloaded twice (or at least hasn't to). Even
> with POP3 there is an (optional) command 'TOP n m' to get the header and
> the first m lines of mail n. So 'TOP n 0' only gets the header.

Well, that does save some bandwidth, at least. Still, you are getting
the headers no matter what. It seems (if I understand right) that the
idea here is to make fetching mail work like fetching news...get all the
headers, filter them, then do a delete/fetch on the bodies once the
headers have been filtered. Is that what you have in mind?

--
Bill Hartwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
MacManus Enterprises