inline:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brett Fernicola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <exchange@intm-dl.sparklist.com>
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 5:23 AM
Subject: RE: [OT] smartphone /pda with full outlook

At first glance My WM phone does indeed force me to sync the Inbox.  It
will not let me uncheck that folder.  This may or may not be tweakable
in the registry.  If I can find the Key that controls this, I will test
it and let you know.

I appreciate that, Brett. I didn't even know the WM registry was accessible. I'll look into that too.

My other thought would be to create a sub folder of Inbox named Mail. I
would then create a Server Side rule in Outlook that runs first and
moves all incoming mail into the Sub-Folder named mail.  Then run all
your other rules off of this folder.  This way you will never have any
email in your Inbox, and Now you can choose to not sync your new folder
called Mail to your WM phone.  Since it's a server side rule your phone
will never get mail to its inbox iether, and now you can selectively
sync which ever other folders you like.

Does that work for you.

I actually developed a similar scheme, and it worked, but it added another layer of tiresome complications to an already "rich" environment. :)