From: bounce-50797959-97...@intm-dl.sparklist.com
[mailto:bounce-50797959-97...@intm-dl.sparklist.com] On Behalf Of Jim Dandy
Sent: 27 January 2009 01:27
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: OWA top other user's Calendar

I have some users who are outside out organization that need access to
one of our calendars.  I thought perhaps they could log on with OWA and
access it through the URL

https://mail.myorg.com/exchange/test/calendar

I made a test mailbox and gave myself full control of the mailbox both
from the active directory users and computers security tab and from the
root of the mailbox sharing permissions in Outlook.  (This was more
permission than I really wanted to give but I was just trying to get it
to work.)  I tried to access it using the above style URL and logging on
with my username and password.  I can see the calendar but there is no
New button so I can't make appointments.  Is it possible for an outsider
to make appointments in this way?  Does the outsider need to have their
own mailbox in addition to the having access to the calendar they are
trying to access?

Note: this is a user calendar and not a public folder calendar I'm
trying to share.  Would it make things easier if it was in public
folders?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Curt Finley

Jupitermedia Corp.
Attn: Discussion List Management
475 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016

The UK's no. 1 new university
The Guardian University Guide 2009

This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied,
distributed or disclosed to any other person.
necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary
companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its
subsidiary companies via email.