Thanks for this.

I've reported it, but since CU7 is coming soon, I really don't expect action on
it.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Senter, John
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 11:13 AM
To: exchange@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [Exchange] KB4036108 on Exchange 2016 CU6 issue

Just a heads up on what I have found while applying this security fix on
Exchange 2016 CU6.  After installing and rebooting I found that the Content
Index State was failed on all the DB's on a server.  When I did ran this
command:
               Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus -Server $server | fl name,*index*
It showed that service "Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller" was not
running.  Looking at that service it was set to disabled, but the servers that
had not been patched showed it automatic and running.  So I set this back to
automatic and started it.  After a few mins the indexes went back to healthy
and I was able to move the DB's back to mounted state.

Doing some searching it looks like other CU's have done this in the past.  Also
found that this service was also set to disabled by the patch so it needs to be
set back to automatic.
               Tracing Service for Search in Exchange

Looks like MS has a bug in the installer that it does not set the state back to
the correct setting after the patch is applied.

js