Nothing will help you when you go to do a restore and find out you've been
backup up a corrupt database for months.[1] Since you're only doing offline
backups, your transaction logs would never be purged so you might as well
leave circular logging enabled and sign up for that machete juggling class
you've been considering. ;)

[1] Not that we'd want that to happen to you, but there's no way to know if
the database integrity is intact without doing an online backup. [2]
[2] Well, almost.