FYI ...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of tech forum
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 18:29
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Do not use IIS lockdown tool

Microsoft PSS told me the IIS lockdown tool should not be used on a
Exchagne 2000 Server.

The Exchagne guru at Microsoft looked at what the tool did.  He found
that because of Exchange 2000 reliance on IIS 5, the tool distrupts
Exchange.

I asked him if Microsoft are gong to let people know and he said he
would speak to his supervisors about letting people know.

We used the undo feature and the virtual servers reset to an old IP.
Under Exchange System Manager, server, protocols, virtual servers it
still said all the IP were the correct IPs.  We went to the IIS metabase
and all the old info had been reset by the IIS lockdown tools, undo
feature.

To my knowledge Microsoft still have not released the info they told me.

Nathan