I know that people are always asking about this topic and I found this
article in an old  copy of Sue Mosher's EMO newsletter the other day.
Hopefully helpful.

cheers

Simon

Simon Curtiss
Systems Administrator
ABN AMRO Craigs
Tauranga
+64 (0)7 577 4708

MANAGING EXTRA MAILBOXES IN EXCHANGE
>From time to time, I want to highlight solutions developers who really
seem to understand what people want from Outlook. One such developer is
Victor Ivanidze, whom I met while I was living in Moscow and whose web
site at http://victori.hypermart.net/ features COM add-ins for Outlook
2000 and 2002, sample forms to add header fields to Internet messages,
and various other tips.
Lately, Victor has focused on one of the stickier issues in Outlook in
an Exchange environment -- working with a secondary mailbox. As you
probably know, with proper permissions, you can open another mailbox and
see all its folders, respond to messages in its Inbox, etc. A typical
example is a Support mailbox that help desk staffers access in addition
to their own mailboxes.
The hard part comes when you want to ensure that messages sent from the
other mailbox have the right From address and are stored in the other
mailbox's Sent Items folder. I wrote an article a few years ago
(http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=4855) on
various ways to meet those goals and concluded that it was easier to
abandon the shared group mailbox approach and use a public folder
instead.
Victor has breathed new life into the group mailbox approach, however,
by offering two COM add-ins that together make it possible to handle a
secondary mailbox's messages seamlessly. RightFrom is a utility that
automatically fills in the correct From address when you reply to or
forward a message in the other mailbox. The second utility, UniSent,
ensures that those replies and forwards are stored in the Sent Items
folder of the other mailbox, not in your own mailbox. It also puts items
that you delete from the group mailbox into the group mailbox's Deleted
Items folder.
Remember that, if you're implementing a group mailbox, there are two
different ways to set permissions to allow other users to send on behalf
of the mailbox. If the Exchange administrator grants Send on Behalf Of
permission to the Support mailbox, outgoing messages will show both the
actual sender and the Support mailbox. If you want to hide the actual
sender's name and address, you need to grant Send As permission to the
user's Windows account.

Subscribe:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Notice of Confidential information
The information contained in this electronic mail is CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION and may
be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, intended only for the individual or entity named above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that the use, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please immediately notify us by return or telephone
call collect to 07 577 6049) and destroy the original message. Thank you.

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by MailMarshal
www.marshalsoftware.com

List Charter and FAQ at: