From: aci [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 January 2002 03:17
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: virus scan

I was told that this was not a virus and that it was a problem with the
detection message where no detection name is given, is an
error message that is given by the engine and misinterpreted by the GUI
product, not a detection by the DAT files. The files are now in
quarantine, so can i send out the file or is it infected with a virus?

I am running groupshield exchange.

This is the message we received in the event viewer:
"The file testing.doc is infected with '_'. Detected with scan engine
4.1.60 DAT version 4.1.4181 from user Exchange running groupshield
4.5.572.182 OAS"

List Charter and FAQ at:

************

which it is addressed and may contain
information that is private and confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, employee or agent responsible
for delivering the message to the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication and its attachments are strictly
prohibited. If this communication and its
attachments contain any commercial, technical or capability related
information you should be aware that
this may reflect the genuine opinion of the sender but does not in any way,
constitute an offer or representation
made by or on behalf of Quintek Systems Ltd.

Quintek Systems Limited Registered in England No: 1845626 Vat Reg. No:
442412386

List Charter and FAQ at: