Title: Message

I just ran into the same exact problem.  I can forward you what Microsoft gave me (they ended up refunding my $245) if you’d like.  It is just one article about the –1018 errors and a few other basics that you can find online anyway.  I wasn’t aware that they signified hardware errors until after my call, although I assumed that is what was happening.  We had cheap hardware and are still in the process of moving it.  Nothing has become corrupt yet, but I’m hoping to get a new server out of the deal.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Domingue [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 12:33 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Error 1018

First errors were as follows

MSExchangeIS (1576) Direct read found corrupted page (4079053) with error -1018. Please restore the databases from a previous backup.

Followed by:

MSExchangeIS (1576) A read of the database file D:\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\PRIV.EDB between offsets 0xFFFFFFFFE3DC0000 and 0xFFFFFFFFE3DCFFFF failed after 16 failed read attempts with error -1018. There is a software or  hardware problem affecting the database drive that must be corrected to preserve database integrity. Contact Microsoft Product Support Services.

Jamie Domingue

System Integrator II

Global Data Systems

[EMAIL PROTECTED]