I was having a similar issue last weekend which turned out to be a User
who subscribed to a Macromedia application Development l-serv.  Another
person subscribed to that same list had a Korean Signature File and was
pretty active on that list.  Every time he posted to l-appDev, the
Exchange IS would crash after GroupShield choked on the sig file.

The logs showed:

Event ID: 1048
"McAfee GroupShield failed to send message"

Event ID: 257
"An internal error occurred in GroupShield...."

These Events would show up 1 minute prior to the IS crashing.

McAfee has not responded to my request for a resolution to this problem
yet.

I have just blocked Macromedia's IP and asked the User to subscribe
using a Hotmail account until the issue is resolved.

Terry Lynch
Internal Network Administrator
Vendaria, Inc.
316 Occidental Avenue South