From: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 12:32 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: evil pst dilemma

I have a user with a 1.8 GB pst file, Personal Folders, he moves all items
from the server to his workstation(because I finally stuck to the limits for
all users in Exchange, 100MB mailboxes), gets backed up once a week.  I have
already had to break into the pst because he forgot the password.  Now, a
strange situation, he was in the middle of moving a file to a Personal
Folder when the power to the building went down, a brown out, including his
workstation, rebooted.  Servers fine, UPS.  So, once booted back up the
Outlook client locks or won't complete a move, copy, anything all the way
through in his Personal Folders that he was working with.  I am attempting
to play with the pst file on a separate PC so as not to mess with what's on
his system.  I was successful in copying the file to another workstation,
but can't open it Personal Folder in his account, it prompts me for a
password.  Do I need to try to break into the folder again, or is it
possibly that I'm logged into the machine as Administrator, and his mailbox
as his username.  Do I need to log on as him?

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Outlook 2000

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: