From: Thompson, Elizabeth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 12:36 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: OT- Outlook will not start

I am brain dead and am hoping for some pointers.

WIN98 machine. Standard (for our company) office 2000 install (run alll from
my cpu). The rest of the office suite is fine.

When you start outlook is hangs at the outlook splash screen. It doesn't
give any errors. just stays there forever. if you do a ctrl-alt-del - it
seems to be fine. If you switch to it, then it will come up not responding.
Outlook will run in "safe mode" (when started with the /safe switch)

The office suite has been un-installed, the registry keys removed. Office
was re-installed under a new user (me) and setup a profile setup for me.
when i clicked on outlook for the 1st time - it did give the configuration
choice sreen then locked up.

I have re-started the system in dos mode and deleted win386.swp...

No matter what I do or who is logged in it hangs, except when started in
"safe mode"....

IS there anything I can do in safe mode to affect the standard mode?

Is there something I am not seeing????

THanks for your input.

Elizabeth Thompson
Service and Support Technician