Ravi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have been considering that option as well, but was not sure if the mailbox
setting (0 or 1) would override the global system setting (60).

It sounds like if I set the mail box setting to 0 or 1, this will override the
system global setting of 60 for this mailbox only?
If so, this sounds pretty straight forward and an easier solution.

It looks like this can also done in the EMC GUI to accomplish the same goal?:
EMC - MAILBOX - MAILBOX SETTINGS - STORAGE QUOTAS - DELETED ITEMS RETENTION -
KEEP DELETED ITEMS FOR  DAYS) - change this to (1).

If all that sounds correct, then I only have one more question regarding the
DELETED ITEMS folder for the mailbox.
(I believe this is different than the RECOVERABLE ITEMS settings, but not sure.)

Most of our user mailboxes are created "automatically" when user accounts are
set up using scheduled PS  batch process scripts and default  retention tags
policy is applied ( and this includes a 30 day limit for DELETED ITEMS).

For this mailbox, I can get around this by just using the EMC, create the
mailbox, and not apply any retention policy.

I have already tested  and found, with no retention policy in place, DELETED
ITEMS remain indefinitely and I can access  for several months back even though
RECOVER DELETED ITEMS in the client goes back only 60 days.

So the question I am trying to sort out is, if I create the mailbox as noted
above with all the settings noted, with no retention tag policy assigned to the
mailbox, will this also apply to the mailbox DELETED ITEMS folder, or will I
need to create a specific retention tag policy for DELETED ITEMS to apply just
to this mailbox to make sure it is not retaining DELETED ITEMS for more than a
day or so?

Doing my best to explain our environment but hoping for list response.

Thank you

Dana
Ravi N [mailto:nravi.bangal...@gmail.com]