Blackberry and Exchange 2013 is a mess.

As things stand, today (could all change tomorrow)...

You can use BES 10 with Exchange 2013 without any issues because it uses
ActiveSync for the final connection to Exchange.
You can also use BES 10 with Exchange 2010, using the MAPI CDO just as you can
with BES 5.x.
You can use the same account as BES 5 with your BES 10, but you cannot install
BES 10 on the same server as BES 5.x
For BES 5 to Exchange 2013, you need the latest service pack (5.0.4) plus MR2
(or later) and the latest MAPI CDO.
Anyone doing anything with MAPI CDO should monitor this blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/stephen_griffin/archive/2013/02/28/exchange-2013-compatible-mapicdo.aspx

As an aside, BES 10 is actually three bits:
BDS (Blackberry Device Service) - this is for Blackberry 10 devices only and is
effectively BES 6.2
UDS (Universal Device Service) - this is for Android (with Touchdown) and
iPhone.
BMC (Blackberry Management Console) - this provides a simple user interface
which gives you a single interface for the two above and a BES 5 installation
(including BES Express). The idea is that day to day you can use the management
console.

BES 10 has effectively become just a MDM, as you can connect a BES 10 device
straight to Exchange using ActiveSync. There is also no need for a special data
plan, as it uses regular data, but that means your data use will go up because
it doesn't go through the Blackberry network which compresses the data. It is a
very good MDM though and Balance looks like a winner.

It isn't a 10 minute install for all the parts either, you need to do it in the
order the documentation says. However if you aren't going to add iPhones and
Android to it, then just install BDM, which is just as easy as BES 5.

On the subject of the data plan - that depends on your provider. I have heard
some are just allowing it, others require additional subscriptions. I think my
three rules of Microsoft licencing rule might work here - ask three times, get
four different answers, get the response in writing and the most expensive
solution will be the correct one.

Of course over here in the UK we have had Blackberry 10 for a little longer
than the US, so some of this is "old" news.

Hope this helps,

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: si...@sembee.co.uk
w: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
w: http://exchange.sembee.info/
w: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with the iPhone?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/<http://certificatesforexchange.com/> for
certificates from just $29.99.
Need a domain for your certificate?
http://DomainsForExchange.net/<http://domainsforexchange.net/>