Right now I have an overloaded server, running Radius, my
accounting program, Web, FTP and mail.

I need to separate these functions, but of course they all
need authentication.

I have thought of rsync or NIS, but would perhaps like to see
if RADIUS can be made to work.  Here is what I want, as an
example.

My Web server, www.nook.net, requires that my users be able
to FTP to and from it to load their web pages.  This is no
problem as they are on the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow
files.

Instead, I would like to remove their entries from these
files, and have the authentication be done against a remote
Radius server, which will contain their passwords (either
on the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files, or on the
/etc/raddb/users file).  In other words, if the Radius
server can authenticate remote logins from the terminal
servers, it should also be able to authenticate logins to
other computers.

What I need is a Radius authentication CLIENT module that
would work with RedHat/Mandrake linux.  I have not been
able to locate any such.  All I see is Radius servers,
but no clients.

Can anyone help me in locating something like this?

--
Ramon Gandia ============= Sysadmin ============== Nook Net
http://www.nook.net                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]