On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> >
> > If you hadn't noticed, Mandrake is optimized for i586 architecture.  It's
> > not supposed to be run on 486's.  However, put Redhat or one of the
> > mini-router distribs on it and I wouldn't be surprised if it would run
> > like a champ.
> >
> Umm..Mandrake 5.3 was NOT optimized for i586. :-)
>       John

Care to put your money where your mouth is ;-) heh how'd i know you'd say
that..
They've been using pgcc to "Optimize" from thge very begining

let me explain the/a difference between 5.x and 6.x
the 5.x series is "Optimized" for i586
the 6.x series is "Compiled" for i586

Optimized means what it sounds like, if we can use it do if not oh well.

"Compiled for" means if it's not i586 compatible, we're not responsable
when/if it bursts into flames.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon