Did you use DiskDrake to re-size your fat32 partition?  I did and lost
everything on my 10 gig drive in the process.
After recovering from my Ghost image, I re-installed 7.0 on a second drive.

But, all was not well..  I chose to do a beginner install.  I thought I'd see
just how well it would go.  Everything installed and came up just fine.  But, I
tried to set up KPPP to dial to my ISP.. That was no problem either.  Except
that once I was connected to my ISP, I could no longer open any applications in
KDE..  As soon as I disconnected from my ISP, I could once again open
applications.
So, I thought I'd be slick and open stuff up before starting KPPP.  Well, that
worked, but I couldnt connect to anything.. Not even by entering the direct IP
address.

So, I blew that install away and re-installed in expert mode.  This time I was
able to get things set up and going.

Then, I decided to upgrade another system I have from MDK 6.1 to 7.0  That too
turned into an exercise in futility.  Once the upgrade was complete, my pppd
settings no longer worked, the supermount system didnt like the devices or the
IO chip on that system (Its a Compaq Deskpro so that part doesnt surprise me
very much) and most of the software I had set up on this system was gone.  So,
I completely wiped the partitions on that system and reinstalled 6.1.  It took
6.1 20 minutes to install, another 30 minutes to set up config files and
compile a few applications and it was back in business.  The Compaq system is a
system I use for work and has to be up and online at all times, so I didnt feel
like tinkering around for the next day or two trying to get 7.0 to behave.

I do see great things in the new installer and the Drake utilities.  But, they
need more work and more testing before I will consider using them in a
production environment.  Especially DiskDrake and its partition re-sizing code.
I really like the feel of the installer.  It does need a few improvements to make
it more intuitive for both new users and experienced users.
Like everyone else, this has not soured me on Mandrake.. I will be
downloading 7.1 when its made available..

Darin -
Senior Systems Engineer