It is an old problem. You should set BIOS setting of PCMCIA to
"cardbus" or "PCMCIA", but not "auto".

Sunday, June 11, 2000, 1:26:18 AM, you wrote:

d> Hi,

d> I have installed Mandrake 7.1 (via FTP) to my laptop, however, bootup
d> hangs when it reaches the Loading PCMCIA Modules part.  If I disable
d> PCMCIA from bootup, everything comes up fine. (minus my network card)

d> Now, I have tried a few things.

d> a) I booted up without any PCMCIA cards inserted, and it still hangs.

d> b) It also hangs with a PCMCIA card in the laptop (3COM Megahertz 10/100)

d> Has anyone else experianced something like this?  What is a
d> workaround?  I need net access, obviously.  Is there a newer version of
d> PCMCIA-tools?

d> Thanks
d> -davidu

--