On 25 Jul 2000, stephen boulet wrote:

> Date: 25 Jul 2000 22:14:35 -0700
> From: stephen boulet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [expert] Running an X app from remote host
>
> I'm trying to run an X app from a remote box locally.
>
> Here are my steps:
>
> 1) xhost +remote-host-ip
> 2) telnet to remote-host-ip
> 3) export DISPLAY = local-host-ip

try it in this form:
 3) export DISPLAY = local-host-ip:displaynum

or this:
 3) export DISPLAY = local-host-ip:0

Also, try to switch to using xauth instead, extract your x-server cookie,
copy it over, and add it to the machine the app is running on.

Another way is to use ssh x-forwarding, you can use the ssh from
www.ssh.com, or openssh, but X-forwarding is broken on Openssh in LM7.1,
you must manually do "xauth merge /tmp/ssh-xxxx/cookies" where xxxx is
some random garbage.

--
Regards,

Ellick Chan