William Schwartz wrote:

> What all other rpm's did you have to update?  I thought there was a few
> things other than the kernel you had to upgrade.
>
> Bill
>
> Sujeet Bhatt wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday 14 February 2001 15:24, William Schwartz declaimed unto the
> > faithful:
> > > I'm currently running a stock 7.2 mandrake and was wondering if there's
> > > a list of recommended rpm's to upgrade to start using the 2.4.1 kernel.
> > >

> > > thanks,
> > > Bill
> >
> > I am running 2.4.1 on 7.2 without any problems. I used the kerenel-2.4.1 rpms
> > from Cooker for the update.
> >
> > Sujeet

> Namezero.com. New!  Namezero Plus domains now available.
> Find out more at: http://www.namezero.com

Yes, I had problems using the mandrake source for any 2.4.1 src packages
above 3mdk. I decided to look into the exit status and find where it
chokes. The lm_sensors-2.5.5 is what was my problem. I looked into the
commands and it would say that "bison" (command) was not found. I did a
rpm query for bison and discovered that I didnt' have it, so I
downloaded it and reran the compile. Same place different command. This
time "flex" was not there. Of course, I didn't have that so I downloaded
it and installed it and ran the compile again. Hopefully, it will run
all the way through but I am certain that no matter the dependency, I
will get the Mandrake kernel source to once again compile on my machine.
Same area of the kernel, I find that I also need Yacc. Got it next?...
--

  .--. `
  |__| .-------.   Altoine Barker