So sprach Brian Schroeder am Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 04:36:54PM +0930:
> I have since installed the nVidia drivers (which worked first time!),
> but now see X using 145% of the memory: 191M!.  Hence, swap is very
> much in use.

Is swap really in use?  Here at home (same config as yours), it's not.  It's
rather that top reports the memory wrong, as it also counts the 32+ MB on
your nVidia card that X uses and thus doesn't count correctly.

IOW: Nothing to worry about.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)