munehiro wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 01:47:34AM -0400, civileme wrote:
> >
> > Something clicked--can you also send the output of lspcidrake?
> >

> [root@quela munehiro]# lspcidrake
> agpgart         : Intel Corporation|440BX/ZX - 82443BX/ZX Host bridge
> unknown         : Intel Corporation|440BX/ZX - 82443BX/ZX AGP bridge
> unknown         : Intel Corporation|82371AB PIIX4 ISA
> unknown         : Intel Corporation|82371AB PIIX4 IDE
> usb-uhci        : Intel Corporation|82371AB PIIX4 USB
> unknown         : Intel Corporation|82371AB PIIX4 ACPI - Bus Master IDE
> Controller
> aic7xxx         : Adaptec|AHA-2940U2/W / 7890
> ne2k-pci        : Realtek|RTL-8029(AS)
> Card:NVIDIA GeForce2 DDR (generic): nVidia Corporation|NV11
>
> here it is.
> the mobo is a Asus P2BS, with onboard AHA2940 controller. The actual
> cdrw is correctly terminated, and the scsi id is unique.
>
> --
>
> ma i floppy da 1e7 tengono dieci milioni di byte?

munehiro:

I see that you have an nVida GeForce video. My question, are you running
your   X-Windows system at a DefaultDepth 16 and "DRI"? The reason for
my question: I have a Maxtor G400 and when my Xf86Config-4 Section
"Screen" was set for a DefaultDepth 16, which enabled the "DRI" my
system would fault with the same errors as you are having. The ONLY way
I could correct this was to change the DefaultDepth to 24 which disabled
"DRI" for my card and system. After doing this my system now burns cd
just fine. Don't know if this is you problem, but worth a try.

Larry

--
Sword'sEdge
VoiceMail/Fax: (858) 860-6406 x1587