On Thursday 18 October 2001 11:50 pm, you wrote:
> KLauncher could not be reached via DCOP

More info I found about it:

http://bugs.kde.org/db/31/31758-b.html#m5

"Deleting the .DCOPserver_* files solves this Problem only temporary." is
correct.

I am, however, not using an NFS mount like the bug report author and, not
only can other users launch Konqueror on my desktop (after xhost +), I can
launch a second X session and start Konqueror on that desktop all the while
failing to get it to run in the first X session in KDE.

This behavior started shortly after (but not concurrent with ) I installed
Codeweaver Crossover, if that helps.

Here is the output of my .xsession-errors:

DE Daemon (kded) already running.
kbuildsycoca already running!
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING:
library=/usr/local/netscape/plugins/raclass.zip:
file=/usr/local/netscape/plugins/raclass.zip:
/usr/local/netscape/plugins/raclass.zip: invalid ELF header
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined
symbol: NP_GetValue
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/cpPack1.jar:
file=/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/cpPack1.jar:
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/cpPack1.jar: invalid ELF header
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/raclass.zip:
file=/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/raclass.zip:
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/raclass.zip: invalid ELF header
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined
symbol: NP_GetValue
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING:
library=/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class:
file=/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class:
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class: invalid ELF header
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/raclass.zip:
file=/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/raclass.zip:
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/raclass.zip: invalid ELF header
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3: undefined
symbol: NP_GetValue
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING:
library=/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class:
file=/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class:
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class: invalid ELF header
undecodable token: \001b(hex)[36l
QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0.
QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0.
QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0.
QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0.
QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0.
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class
[/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/ShockwaveFlash.class: invalid ELF header]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/raclass.zip [/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/raclass.zip: invalid
ELF header]
kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
kio (KLauncher): ERROR: KLauncher: KDEInit communication error! Commiting
suicide!
DCOP aborting (delayed) call from 'kded' to 'klauncher'
konqueror: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : can't talk to klauncher
iceauth:  creating new authority file /home/hoyt/.ICEauthority
DCOPServer up and running.
kio (KProtocolInfo): ERROR: Protocol '' not found
QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0.
kmail: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : can't talk to klauncher
kmail: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : can't talk to klauncher

It seems there's some problem with klauncher.

Hoyt