This is an odd one,

I just upgraded from mdk 8.2 to 9.0 and am now missing the gnome panel /
menu whenever I start gnome. KDE and other desktops all work fine.

So far I have tried the following

deleted all .gnome* directories and restarted, still no gnome panel
uninstalled all *gnome* rpms and reinstalled, still no gnome panel tried
the above with an existing and a new user, still no gnome panel.

Oddly enough, doing a 'ps -ax | grep panel' reveals the following 4313 ?
     S      0:00 gnome-panel --sm-client-id default so I assume that the
panel is actually running, but just not displaying on the screen.

Any ideas anyone?

--
Alex / KC2IVL
ft100 software for Linux http://www.qsl.net/kc2ivl