On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 05:04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> totally off-topic but hopefully no one will mind too much...
>
> i have a dlink dp-601m internet server that my sons and their
> mother use to share a dialup connection to the internet.  it has
> rj45 ports for the PCs to connect to, and an rj11 (with builtin
> modem connection) for access to the isp.  apparently it took a
> power hit yesterday and died.  it is also discontinued.  does
> anyone know of another product offering the same functionality?
>
> the other options (dsl, cable, etc.)... are not.
>
> thanks for any help.
> joe

I had an old Compaq DeskPro 486/33 with an internal Courier v.Everything
modem doing this for the longest time using the Dachstein image from
http://leaf.sourceforge.net -- it was a little tricky to set up, but
fun. As far as a commercial product goes, I don't know.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...