On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 12:43, David McGlone wrote:

> Hmmm, how did you sync with cooker? what mirror are you using?
> in my software sources manager I put this URL:
> ftp://ftp.surfnet.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS.
> and gave it a name "cooker1". I then opened a konsole and typed "urpmi.update
> cooker1 then "urpmi --auto-select"
>
> It fails. Am I using the correct URL? if not, where is the correct URL?
>
> - --
> David M.

Your URL looks correct, I checked it out.  But there are some other
things you want to make sure of.  In that software manager, you should
make sure you've selected your source entry as FTP, and not the
default.  Second, in the "relative path" box, you need to have the
following:

../base/synthesis.hdlist.cz

A seperate source needs to be configured for each rpm dir that you have
on the mirror.  There may not be a second one.  However if there is, for
the second rpm's dir, which might be for example

ftp://blah.blahblah/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2

your "relative path" would look like

../base/synthesis.hdlist2.cz

Finally and probably most importantly.  In the sources selection box,
you need to unselect all sources except for the ones you have added.  In
other words deselect the cdrom sources and leave only the internet
sources.

Now, when you run your update, you need to do this:

urpmi.update -a --wget && urpmi --auto-select

Many thanks to Tom Brinkman for that one, btw.  When you run that, you
should start seeing some action.  As Tom says, if it bombs out, just go
to the /var/cache/urpmi/rpms dir and do an " rpm -Uvh * " on the rpm's
in there.  Delete the rpm's that won't install because of dependency
problems, and keep trying rpm -Uvh until it completes without running
into an rpm with a dependency problem.  Then DELETE all the rpm's in
that dir, and restart the urpmi.update command line again.  Urpmi will
detect what has already been installed and will only download those
rpm's that you haven't installed yet; including any previous problem
rpm's and their dependencies.

You may get lucky and urpmi.update may well do everything that's needed,
even installing everything.  But if the net connection bombs in the
middle of download, you'll be ready for that too.

HTH,

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.21pre4-6mdk       Mandrake 9.1 RC1