On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 01:26, Ron Stodden wrote:
> James Sparenberg wrote:

> > > You are sure?   How?
> > >
> > > Errrr, use of html is deliberate because it supports useful features in
> > > this list context not provided by plain text.
> > >

> > perhaps but extremely hard to read and often 10 times the size of ascii.
> >
> Surely no-one these days is still using text-only browsers, or, worse,
> non-GUI operation.     If so, long past time to update.
>
> Interestingly,  mozilla has tabbed browsing if you select the 'Modern'
> theme. from Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Themes.

Silly me I read my e-mail with an e-mail client.... not a browser... I
get about 500 e-mails a day at about 6k apiece in asscii that's not too
bad at about 150k a piece in html I'd run out a disk space  in a real
hurry.  The solution for me ... 99% of my e-mail that is in html format
goes into the trash.  I've got 3 people who send me html e-mail and it
goes through and one list... this one.  All 3 humans are outhook users
all 3 can't figure out how to send text messages.  They are marketing
people after all.  I don't get virus's I don't get inactiveX programs
trying to invade me.  I don't get pop up porn adds.  For the most part
if it's html It's spam as far as I'm concerned. Don't know how the ISP
has their e-mail client set up but they had a button that said "drop all
html e-mail except specifically allowed users.... I said OK."

James