On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 02:20, g wrote:
> James Sparenberg wrote:
> > As a result of reading an earlier mail from Greg I got curious about the
> > config for dhclient .... According to the man pages there should be a
>
> > curious about is that either the man page is wrong or.... something got
> > missed.  Of course the third option is "If it ain't broke don't fix it"
>
> possibly missed or possibly delayed.
>
> as versions progress, things get changed, some get moved.
> man pages do not always get updated to changes or moves.
>
> authors of man pages are not always authors of changes
> or moves and therefore, do not always get informed and
> man pages appear that are in error.
>
> then again, it is possible that author of man page is
> running a diff distrib from mandrake and in his distrib,
> it is where he shows in man page.
>
> if you are of desire to see updated man pages, email
> author, if there is no 'bug report address', of man
> page that you have noted a discrepancy.
>
> ever hear of cooks and broth?
>

> peace out.
>
> tc,hago.

I understand... but sometimes what appears to be a bug isn't ... so I
ask to understand.  Especially since it is working for me, I was hoping
someone knew what was going on so that I didn't look like too much of a
fool pointing out the "problem".  It's beginning to look like the conf
file is an "only if you need to tweak" config file and at the very least
an overly complicated one at that.

James